6th Workshop on Variational Analysis and Optimization, Mariánská
Workshop on Variational Analysis and Optimization is an annual workshop organized by members of the Czech Academy of Sciences. It is an informal meeting of people interested in various topics of optimization theory. It combines a mathematical program in the afternoon/evening with a free program in the morning/early afternoon, when one can enjoy the beautiful scenery, go hiking, skiing or just discuss mathematics. Because of its location on the Czech-German border, it is suited mainly for Czech and German researchers.
- Date: Thursday 28nd February - Sunday 3rd March 2019 (the scientific programme will take place on Friday and Saturday afternoon).
- Registration deadline: 10th January 2019. Either via my email or Google Docs. Please specify how long you want to stay and the title of your talk.
- Location: The workshop takes place at Máriánská in the Czech republic. It is close to Karlovy Vary (Karlsbad) or Chemnitz (see map below).
- Presentation: Each participant is invited to give a presentation in duration of approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Fee: The workshop (including accommodation) is free of charge.
- Accommodation: Accommodation is provided in a mountain cottage with shared kitchen and toilet facilities. Internet is provided via Eduroam. Even though the accommodation is good, please note that it is not a hotel.
- Other information: Please bring your own slippers and something to eat for breakfast. We plan to have joint dinners.
5th Workshop on Variational Analysis and Optimization, Mariánská 2018
Program (22nd - 25th February 2018)
|Friday||16:05 - 17:45||Mirek Pištěk||Non-transitive Choice Rule|
| || ||Lukáš Adam||Robust multi-objective optimization: Application to plastics separation|
| || ||Jirka Vomlel||Hidden Markov models for classification of sleep stages|
| || ||Martin Branda||Recent progress on cardinality and chance constrained problems|
| ||18:00 - 19:00||Michal Křížek||A criticism of the standard cosmological model|
|Saturday||16:00 - 17:15||Robert Baier||Computation of (control) Lyapunov functions with (mixed integer) linear programming|
| || ||Stefan Krömer||Functionals with lin. growth: Concentration effects at the boundary and Robin-type boundary conditions|
| || ||Patrick Mehlitz||Solving simple inverse optimal control problems via value functions|
| ||17:30 - 19:10||Tomáš Roubíček||Variational methods in dynamical continuum-mechanical systems with long-range interactions|
| || ||Helmut Gfrerer||On a piecewise programming approach for disjunctive programming|
| || ||Matúš Benko||Directional limiting normal cones and coderivatives - basics, calculus and applications|
| || ||Jiří Outrata||On some applications of the directional limiting calculus|
4th Workshop on Variational Analysis and Optimization, Mariánská 2017
Program (16th - 19th February 2017)
|Friday||15:00 - 16:15||Gerd Wachsmuth||A guided tour of polyhedric sets|
| || ||Patrick Mehlitz||Variational geometry of pointwise defined sets in Lebesgue spaces - with application to complementarity programming in Lebesgue spaces|
| || ||Felix Harder||Limiting normal cone in Sobolev spaces|
| ||16:30 - 17:45||Alexandra Schwartz||Convergence of a relaxation method for a complementarity reformulation of cardinality constrained optimization problems|
| || ||Michal Červinka|| |
| || ||Petr Lachout||On uniformly monotone functions|
| ||18:00 - 19:15||Jirka Vomlel||Solving trajectory optimization problems by influence diagrams|
| || ||Mirek Pištěk||Is it clear, "Pay-as-clear"?|
| || ||Martin Branda||A few words about distributionally robust scheduling - bad and (hopefully) good ways how to solve such problems|
| || ||Lukáš Adam||Optimal control in engineering: Give me a solution. And be fast.|
|Saturday||15:00 - 16:15||Marian Fabián|| |
| || ||Radek Cibulka||Differential Generalized Equations|
| || ||Tomáš Roubal||Differential Generalized Equations, Part II|
| ||16:30 - 17:45||Christian Meyer|| |
| || ||Constantin Christof||How to Calculate the Subdifferential of the Solution Operator to a Nonsmooth PDE. A Model Problem and Applications in Optimal Control.|
| || ||Tomáš Roubíček||Open mathematical problems in the continuum mechanics of solids|
| ||18:00 - 19:15||Robert Baier||Directional Subdifferentials and Quasidifferentials Applied to Mean-Value Theorems|
| || ||Matúš Benko||New verifiable stationarity concepts for a class of mathematical programs with disjunctive constraints|
| || ||Jiří Outrata|
3rd Workshop on Variational Analysis and Optimization, Mariánská 2016
Speakers (18th - 21th February 2016)
- L. Adam: A multi-material phase-field approach for the optimal design of a Ge-on-Si microlaser
- M. Benko
- M. Branda: Fixed interval scheduling problems with random delays
- M. Červinka: Cournot-Walras-Nash equilibria and their computation
- R. Cibulka: Iterative methods and metric regularity
- M. Fabian
- H. Gfrerer
- J. Outrata
- M. Pištěk: Nash Equilibrium in Pay-as-bid Electricity Market
- T. Roubíček: Variational methods for steady-state Darcy/Fick flow in swelling-exhibitting or poro-elastic solids
- M. Tam: Convergence rates of Hölder regular fixed point iterations
- J. Vomlel: Influence diagrams for vehicle speed profile optimization
- G. Wachsmuth: Optimization problems with complementarity constraints in absence of polyhedricity
2nd Workshop on Variational Analysis and Optimization, Mariánská 2015
- L. Adam: Computation of limiting normal cone to union of convex polyhedra
- M. Branda: Exact penalization in stochastic programming - applications, sufficient conditions and future steps
- M. Červinka: Optimality conditions for optimization problems with cardinality constraints
- R. Cibulka: Convergence theorems for iterative schemes based on (strong) metric (sub)regularity
- M. Fabian: On primal regularity estimates for singlevalued mappings
- J. Outrata: Combining complementarity with contact shape optimization with Coulomb friction
- M. Pištěk: Limiting Normal Operator in Quasiconvex Analysis
- T. Roubíček: Abstract thermodynamics on duals to unital Banach algebras
- G. Wachsmuth: Mathematical Programs with Complementarity Constraints in Banach Spaces
1st Workshop on Variational Analysis and Optimization, Mariánská 2014
Unfortunately, no information is available so far.